Saturday, January 8, 2011

Still Injured:

Well, I still can't run due to my injury back in September, but there have been other benefits.

I've really made great progress putting more emphasis on weight training, setting new PR'S that had stood for 24 years. I didn't watch my diet during the holidays and so gained some weight, but I'm not worried about that. I figure it may have helped me with the weight-lifting.

I should be able to start running again in about two weeks or so, then I can start shedding the weight while hopefully holding on to the strength gains.

My ultimate goal is to be stronger, faster, and lighter than I was 24 years ago. I will then label myself the "bionic man." Better than he was before.....Better, stronger, faster.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish you get well and become that better man as planed.

Scythian

Oscar Yeager said...

Hey, Scythian...Thanks for the well-wishes, and it wass nice bumping into you over at Dr. Wickstrom's radio show.