Friday, May 15, 2009

'Tis The Season For Long Runs:

My running really hasn't been progressing as well as I had hoped lately, it seems to be lack of motivation as much as anything else.
I've been slowing down on some of my runs instead of pushing through the pain.

I had loosely planned on possibly running a particular 5K tonight, but decided to bail out on that idea and not enter a race until I am running better.

How to solve this problem? Long runs. I hate them, but screw it, have to get out of this rut somehow.

I already tried pretending there was a tribe of spear-chucking niggers on my tail, and I had to outrun them to save myself, but imagery will only help you so far.

Last year the same thing happened at around the same time, and the long-runs really helped me shave my 5K times down quite a bit by the fall season, so time to revisit this strategy.

No comments: