Sunday, May 17, 2009

Messin' With My Head:

Lately, I've been posting about how I've been disappointed about my running times.

So last night, my sister brings over a present for me, a box of 10 "Access Nutrition Bars," Double-Fudge flavor, from an outfit called "Melaleuca," a company that sells household cleaning products, and athletic performance-enhancing food bars. ( An odd combination, no? )

So anyway, the directions on the box say to eat one bar 15 minutes before exercising, and on an empty stomach.

I ate nine in one sitting last night, ( They were delicious ) with the idea of saving the last bar for my 5K practice run this morning.

Funny thing is, I totally forgot about the one remaining bar when I awoke and got ready for my workout.

I was rocket-fast, setting a new PR. This was highly unusual, since I have been running lousy, plus I forgot to take the bar as directed. I'm thinking perhaps the nine bars from the night before may have had some positive influence on my running?

I don't know, so it was indeed messing with my head.
I'd like to do some more investigating/experimenting.

Melaleuca has some good products, but the problem is that it is hard to simply buy a box of these on your own, as the company tries to steer you to one of their sales representatives, and even worse, tries to get you to lock into one of those shitty "Forced Purchase" scams, where they send you shit every month and if you don't like it you need to send it back for credit.

My sister is quitting the program, ( They want like $50 bucks from you per month ) so I may try to buy them on my own and see what happens without locking into a permanent commitment.

No comments: