Tuesday, March 17, 2009

26=12:

A Good St. Patrick's Day For Me!


Look Ma, I'm Thin!

Well, I guess the Irish in me came out today. If you will recall from my last post, I was attempting to lose 19.7 pounds in 26 days.

It only took me 12. I arrived home from a business trip two days ago, and weighed in at 174. Not bad, I thought, only 4.1 pounds to go. But I better get it done quick, because once I get home from a trip, I have a tendency to gorge.

So I popped a few natural diuretics, drank a gallon of ( diet ) green tea, ( also a diuretic ) and was disheartened to find I weighed in this morning at 176.2

Vocabulary Builder: "Diuretic" - [n] any substance that tends to increase the flow of urine.

Not good. I knew I had to get it done today, or else it wasn't going to happen. ( Under 170 in March ) So I ran and biked my ass off, with no fluid intake, ( I couldn't fathom the idea of a sleepless night in a homemade sauna with my body wrapped in Saran wrap and the heater on high ) and by around 7 PM the scale read 169.4

There is something weird about that 170 number, I'll tell you every time I approached it, I had a hell of a time just trying to get those last fractions of a pound knocked off, my body really just didn't want to do it, but I forced it to.

This is the lightest weight I've been since I was 17.
Sure we know most of it is water weight, but the mental victory of breaking the 170 numerical barrier took a lot of physical activity, and feels almost as good as setting a race PR.

What better way to celebrate the day Saint Patrick drove all the Jews out of Ireland than to accomplish this?!

Source:
http://www.israelect.com/reference/WillieMartin/Inquisition.htm
From that site:
"The facts are, that Saint Patrick drove all the serpents out of Ireland, more specifically, the serpent race of Jews! Even as God commanded Israel to drive out the Canaanites from their midst, throughout the Bible, even so we have seen a few obedient instances of this in secular history. Saint Patrick drove the serpent Jews out of Ireland for the cause of Christianity, and this was true in all such cases of expulsion documented in history."

No comments: