Sunday, August 30, 2009

Next Year - More Races:

Although I had planned to run more races this year, it did not work out as I had hoped.

My job got in the way of some, while running slumps kept me out of wanting to do others.

I no longer feel that I should try to save everything for "my favorite pet race," or any such nonsense anymore, as it sets you up for a major disappointment unless everything goes perfect.

As I've learned in practice, sometimes you surprise yourself by having a good day when you weren't particularly feeling up to running.

I've seen this in boxing, and other sports, the pros that sit around for the big money fight will often not be in the competitive spirit when they haven't fought in awhile, and can be upset by underdogs.

So, bottom line is that I will try to make it a point to compete more often regardless of how I "feel" at the time.

No comments: