Sunday, July 12, 2009

Not A Joy Run:

So today I go up to my normal running practice area only to find out I couldn't have picked a worse time if I tried. Little did I know there was a Triathlon scheduled, but the last leg ( Running segment ) was right smack on the same course I wanted to run.

I walked through the transition area with the cyclists parking their bikes, and then I was off!

I was the only one running, the rest of people were just in the transitional phase.

I passed a few volunteers passing out water, but I declined since I had my fuel belt on.

A few people thought I was in the race, because they slowed their cars down and yelled words of encouragement.

( Clap, Clap ) "Whooo! Keep It Going Babe!" ( They shouted )

Apparently they must have thought I was in 1st place, since no one else had commenced running yet.

I couldn't finish where the other runners do, since they had the banner, official time clock, time keepers, etc. It would have been extremely awkward to me, and bewildering to many folks. I like bandit racing, but this would be over the top.

So I checked my watch approaching the finish line, but had to run in a different route and guess my time.
My time would have been roughly the same as last year's, which was disappointing, but on the other hand I have 8 weeks to really bust my body into shape for the "Real McCoy."

Yes, I know that Elijah McCoy was a nigger, but white people have adopted the cliche "Real McCoy," and have been using it for many years, so I will continue to do so myself.

If Elijah McCoy were alive today, he would probably be hung from the nearest tree not by the KKK, but from environmentalist liberals.

( He invented a device to automatically lubricate railroad equipment, which eventually dripped into the ground, or was burned. )

Actually, the origins of the phrase "Real McCoy" are in dispute, although Elijah McCoy was definitely much more intelligent than your average Negro.

See, I give credit where credit is due, what makes people think that I don't like niggers?

No comments: